No. 21/23 SDSU's Quest for Conference Title Continues in Boise, Idaho
* San Diego State, the defending Mountain West regular-season champions and two-time defending league tournament champions, enters the final week looking for its seventh MW title as it travels to Boise, Idaho, for the first time in program history to face Boise State. The Aztecs enter the week in a three-way tie for first place with New Mexico and UNLV.
* On Saturday, sophomore Jamaal Franklin became the first guard in the nation this season to produce a 30-15 game, scoring a career-high-tying 31 points and adding a career-best 16 rebounds as SDSU defeated Colorado State, 74-66, at Viejas Arena. The league player-of-the-year candidate leads the league in scoring (16.4) and is fourth in rebounding (7.6).
* With the victory over CSU, San Diego State recorded its fifth victory over an RPI top-50 team this season, with all those wins coming against teams currently ranked in the top 36. Amazingly, that equals the total number of top-50 wins the 2010-11 record-breaking Aztec squad had entering the MW tournament. That team ended the campaign 34-3 and advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16.
* San Diego State is in the AP Top-25 Poll for a 10th consecutive week. The Aztecs are ranked 21st by the Associated Press and 23rd in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Top-25 Poll.
* Despite losing four starters off last season's team and not being selected to make the NCAA Tournament field by any preseason magazine, San Diego State has already posted its seventh consecutive 20-win campaign. SDSU needs three more wins to record a school-record fourth-straight 25-win season. National Coach of the Year candidate Steve Fisher has guided SDSU to the brink of another league title and NCAA appearance despite not being picked higher than third in any preseason publication.
* San Diego State owns the nation's fourth-highest winning percentage since the beginning of the 2010-11 season. During that span, the Aztecs are 56-9 (86.2 pct.), trailing only Kansas (60-8, 88.2 pct.), Ohio State (57-9, 86.4 pct.) and Duke (57-9, 86.4 pct.). Syracuse has an identical record as San Diego State.
Boise State Game
* San Diego State and Boise State are meeting on the hardwood for just the third-time ever. Prior to their Feb. 1 date, the schools had not met since Dec. 16, 1976.
* The Aztecs have won both games in the history of the series. Both have taken place in San Diego. This will be San Diego State's first-ever trip to Boise.
* The Aztecs are in search of victory No. 23 of the 2011-12 campaign, which would match the eighth-highest total in school history (1955-56, 1984-85). A win Wednesday would mark the fifth-most victories during Steve Fisher's tenure at San Diego State.
San Diego State makes its first-ever trip to Boise State on Wednesday