#AztecNotes: Men's Hoops Closes Exhibition Action Monday
Nov. 3, 2012
SAN DIEGO -
HASHTAG OF THE WEEK: #12414STRONG
* @GoAztecs is facing @UCSDtritons for the first time since 2009. The #Aztecs won the season-opening at @ViejasArena, 77-52. #UCSDvsSDSU
* It's only an exhibition, but @GoAztecs leads the all-time series with @UCSDTritons, 11-0. #UCSDvsSDSU
* All 11 regular-season meetings have resulted in double-figure victories for @GoAztecs. #UCSDvsSDSU
* @GoAztecs opened the exhibition season on Thursday with a 67-46 win over Cal State San Marcos at @ViejasArena. #12414STRONG
* Thursday's game marked the first time an exhibition has sold out. Capacity is 12,414. #12414STRONG
* @GoAztecs won their 19th consecutive exhibition game. #12414STRONG
* SDSU outscored Cal State San Marcos, 41-20, in the second half, while shooting 66.7 percent (16-for-24). #12414STRONG
* @GoAztecs enters the season ranked No. 20 in the preseason @AP_Top25. It is the highest @AP preseason ranking in school history.
* Prior to this season, the best preseason ranking for the #Aztecs was No. 25 in the @AP_Top25 entering 2010-11. #Top25Poll
* With the No. 25 preseason @AP_Top25 ranking in 2010-11, the #Aztecs went on to win @TheMWC title, advance to the Sweet 16 and finish 34-3.
* The #Aztecs ended the 2011-12 campaign ranked in the @AP_Top25 the final 12 weeks of the regular season. They finished at No. 22.
* The #Aztecs have been ranked in the @AP_Top25 for 13 straight weeks. It is the 13th-longest streak in the nation. #Top25Poll
* The #Aztecs enter the 2012-13 campaign ranked No. 20 in the @ESPN/@USATODAYSports preseason coaches' top-25 poll.
* The #Aztecs are ranked in both preseason top-25 polls for the first time in school history. #Top25Poll
* In 2010-11, the #Aztecs were preseason No. 25 in the @AP_Top25 and No. 26 in the @ESPN/@USATODAYSports preseason poll. #Top25Poll
* Full @TheMWC preseason poll: #Aztecs 153 (10 1st-place votes), UNLV (151; 8), UNM 122, CSU 106, UNR 89, WYO 70, Fresno 49, BSU 43, AFA 27.
* The #Aztecs were picked to win the league for the fourth time (2005-06, 2006-07, 2010-11, 2012-13) in Mountain West history.
* This is the second time in the last three seasons and fourth time in the last eight years the #Aztecs have been selected to win the league.
* Of the previous 3 times SDSU has been selected to win the league, the #Aztecs have gone on to win a share of the title twice ('06 and '11).
* This is the fourth straight year San Diego State has been selected to finish among the top three teams in the league.
* Jamaal Franklin was named @TheMWC Preseason Player of the Year. #Aztecs
* For third time in the last eight years, SDSU has produced the top returning player (2005-06 Slaughter, 2006-07 Heath, 2012-13 J. Franklin).
* For the 4th time in @TheMWC history, SDSU placed two members on the preseason all-conference team (2005-06, 2006-07, 2010-11, 2012-13.
* Dwayne Polee II was named @TheMWC Preseason Co-Newcomer of the Year. #Aztecs
* For the 5th time in the last 12 seasons, the newcomer of the year came from San Diego State (2001-02, 2005-06, 2007-08, 2011-12, 2012-13).
* The #Aztecs' regular season gets underway Friday, November 9, when they face No. 9 @Cuse on the USS Midway. #SDSUOpeningNight
* Tickets for the 2012-13 #Aztecs men's hoops season are sold out! Including the 2012-13 campaign, SDSU will have sold out 22 straight games.
* Tickets for the Battle on the Midway are still available via GoAztecs.com, Window E at Qualcomm Stadium, or by calling 619-283-7378.
* General public and student tickets for the #Aztecs' game vs. No. 13 @UCLAAthletics in Anaheim on Saturday, December 1, are still available.
* General public tickets for SDSU-UCLA are available by contacting the #Aztecs ticket office at 619-283-7378.
* SDSU student tickets for the SDSU-UCLA game are available at the @ViejasArena box office. Tickets are $15 by showing a valid Red ID. #Aztecs