Lobo Football Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale Saturday
Aug. 16, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. --- The Lobo Ticket Office will begin selling single-game tickets to University of New Mexico football home games on Monday, but fans have two options to get their tickets as early as Saturday.
Fans can purchase their tickets Saturday online at www.unmtickets .com or visit any Albertson’s location, beginning at 8 a.m. Fans who buy online will be able to utilize the site’s print-at-home function.
The Lobos will face Southern University at 3 p.m. on Sept. 1 in UNM head coach Bob Davie’s debut. The game will not be televised, and the only way to see the beginning of the Coach Davie era is to attend the game live.
The game against Southern will feature the Route 66 Car Giveaway, in which one lucky ticket-holder will win a new car during a drawing at halftime. The Southern University Band will perform at halftime, and the Young American Cheerleaders also are set to perform during halftime of the game.
UNM will hold the following promotions during each of the other five home games as well:
- The Sept. 29 Mountain West opener against Boise State will be Youth Day, in which all kids 2 to 18 years old can get a ticket in the Cherry Level for $7 apiece. Teams from the Young American Football League will play against one another at halftime, and the game also will be American Indian Day.
- The Oct. 6 game against Texas State is UNM’s Homecoming game, with the Homecoming Queen crowned in a ceremony during an extended halftime.
- Fresno State comes to Branch Field at University Stadium on Oct. 27, which will be UNM’s Cherry Crush Day. Fans will have access to a special ticket and T-shirt promotion, details of which will be announced at a later date.
- Heroes Day will take place during the Nov. 10 game against Wyoming. All fans with a valid military ID can purchase Turquoise Level tickets for $10 each.
- The Nov. 17 game against Nevada will feature a trio of celebrations. It will be Senior Day, honoring the Lobos playing the final home game of their careers. The game also will promote the “Think Pink” campaign, sponsored by UNM Hospitals for Breast Cancer Awareness. UNM also will recognize its 2012 Hall of Honor inductees.
Go online to www.unmtickets.com to purchase your tickets or visit http://www.golobos.com/tickets/08-football.html for more information on single-game and season tickets. Don’t forget about the Wells Fargo and Papa John’s Lobo Football Family Plan (two adult and two youth season tickets for $120). Ticket-seekers can find more information at golobos.com.
The Lobo Ticket Office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. The UNM Bookstore Ticket Office hours are Tuesdays-Fridays, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., and Saturdays, noon-4 p.m.
After Saturday, all Albertson’s ticket outlet hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m., daily.