SDSU Women's Hoops-Wyoming Postgame Notes
March 9, 2012
LAS VEGAS -
* SDSU advances to the championship of the MW tournament for the fourth time in the last five years and is seeking its second title (2010).
* SDSU's four title game appearances are second among current MW members (trailing New Mexico) and fourth in league history.
* SDSU improves to 4-0 in MW championship semifinal games.
* SDSU improves to 9-4 in the MW tourney over the last five years.
* SDSU improves to 24-21 all-time vs. Wyoming and has won three straight, which is the longest streak by the Aztecs in the series since 1996-97.
* SDSU improves to 3-1 vs. the Cowgirls in MW tournament history and is 4-1 in all-time conference tourneys.
* SDSU is 3-1 in neutral site contests in 2011-12.
* SDSU's 24 victories matches as the most since the 2008-09 squad went 24-8. The 24 wins tie as the fourth-most in program history (record 26 in 1993-94).
* SDSU's 80.0 season winning percentage is its best since the1994-95 team also posted a 24-6 record.
* SDSU's 73 points this afternoon was the most vs. Wyoming since it scored 79 on Feb. 15, 1997.
* SDSU outscored Wyoming, 50-20, in points in the paint and finished with a 12-0 advantage in fastbreak points.
* Courtney Clements (game-high 22 points, team-high six rebounds) - Reached double-figures in scoring for the sixth straight game and 26th time of the season ... Her 20-point effort was her 13th of the season and fourth in the last five games... Her nine field goals were one off a career high.
* Chelsea Hopkins (16 points, 4 rebounds, game-high 10 assists, game-high three steals) - Posted her fifth double-double and her third with double-double that included points and assists... With her 10 assists moved from fourth to second in the SDSU single-season record book and needs only one more to break the previous school record of 199 set by Crystal Lee in 1989.
1. Crystal Lee (1989) 199 2. Chelsea Hopkins (2012) 198 3. Maria Stack (1984) 191 4. Michelle Miles (1992) 190
* Malia Nahinu (six points, five rebounds, career- and game-high five blocked shots) - Tallied five blocks today to move into ninth place on the SDSU single-season top-10 list... The five blocks match her career high, which she had done three times prior to this afternoon.
* Kalena Tutt (10 points, three rebounds, one assist) - Connected on all five field-goal attempts to finish with 10 points... Her double-figure scoring effort was her second of the season and fourth of her career... It was her first double-figure scoring performance since the Washington game on Nov. 26, 2011, when she finished with 13.