Moby Madness set for Monday night
Oct. 11, 2012
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The buzz around Moby Arena is growing every day as the 2012-13 basketball season draws closer. And Rams fans can get caught up in the excitement, and even participate in it, when the Colorado State men’s and women’s basketball teams host Moby Madness on Monday evening.
Doors open at 7 p.m. for the free, family-friendly event at Moby Arena.
The event schedule includes:
• Introductions of both squads: Rams’ fans first opportunity to meet the new-look teams.
• Three-point shootout: Men’s team vs. Women’s team with bragging rights on the line.
• Skills competition: The CSU women demonstrate their finely tuned skills for the fans.
• Slam dunk contest: CSU’s high-flying men’s team puts on a show for the crowd.
• Meet and greet: CSU student-athletes will sign autographs for fans following the event.
Additional games and contests, including a student three-point shootout and student dunk contest are planned for the evening. To participate in these events, fans are encouraged to stop by the sign-up tables on the Moby Arena north concourse as they enter.
The event will also serve as a drop-off point for any fans wishing to make a donation to Cans Around the Oval, a Colorado State University tradition, where students, faculty and staff partner with community members, local media and area businesses to raise awareness about the issue of hunger, as well as raise food and monetary donations. The annual event is Larimer County's largest food drive.
The CSU men’s basketball team officially opens its season with an exhibition matchup against Metro State on Sunday, Oct. 28 at 2 p.m. The women’s team hosts its exhibition opener at 7 p.m. on Nov. 1 against the Colorado School of Mines.