Mountain West Women's Soccer Weekly Release No. 6
Sept. 18, 2012
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -
San Diego State fell from the ranks of the unbeaten with a 1-0 loss to No. 4/3 Stanford last week, but remained ranked in both Top-25 polls at No. 17 (NSCAA) and 25 (Soccer America) after playing to a 1-1 draw with No. 24 Santa Clara. UNLV puts its school record-tying six-match win streak on the line against Idaho on Sunday.
- San Diego State leads the nation with a .319 goals-against average, surrendering just two goals in 827:59 minutes.
- New Mexico is 8-0-2 in its last 10 home matches, equaling the program's 2009-11 streak of 10 straight without a loss for the longest home unbeaten streak in school history (that squad went 9-0-1).
- San Diego State boasts the nation's fourth-best saves percentage at .919, giving up three goals against 34 saves this season. Air Force is 10th on that same list, surrendering five goals to 47 saves for a .904 percentage.
- Air Force and San Diego State have each blanked six of their respective nine opponents, and are tied for eighth nationally with shutout percentages of .667.
- UNLV has won six straight, tying a program record for longest win streak. The last time the Rebels won six consecutive matches was during the 2005 campaign.
- San Diego State's Rachel Boaz has played 821.49 minutes in goal for the Aztecs this season. She ranks second and third, respectively, in the nation with a .943 saves average and .219 goals-against average, making 33 saves while surrendering only two goals.
- San Diego State's Megan Jurado has recorded game-winning goals in four of the Aztecs' seven contests this season, tying for fourth-most nationally.
- UNLV's Jenn Wolfe leads the MW and is tied for fifth in the NCAA with nine goals in 2012. Five of those goals have been game-winners, which is tied for the national lead
- Wyoming's Sara Paul leads the nation with nine assists through 10 outings. UNLV's Macy Jo Harrison is tied for eighth on that same list with six assists.
|Coming Up in Mountain West Women's Soccer|
|FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21|
|UC Irvine at NO. 17/25 SAN DIEGO STATE||5 p.m. PT|
|Sam Houston State at AIR FORCE||6 p.m. MT|
|BOISE STATE at Navy||7 p.m. ET||NavySports.com|
|Cal State Bakersfield at FRESNO STATE||7 p.m. PT|
|NEW MEXICO at UC Riverside (1)||7 p.m. PT|
|SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23|
|NEW MEXICO vs. UC Davis (1)||10 a.m. PT|
|Idaho at UNLV||11:30 a.m. PT||UNLVRebels.com|
|BOISE STATE at Pennsylvania||Noon ET||PennAthletics.com|
|Cal Poly at FRESNO STATE||1 p.m. PT|
|California at NEVADA||1 p.m. PT||NevadaWolfpack.com|
|WYOMING at Utah State||1 p.m. MT||UtahStateAggies.com|
|NO. 17/25 SAN DIEGO STATE at UC Santa Barbara||2 p.m. PT|
|*Mountain West match.|
|(1) UCR Tournament (Riverside, Calif.)|
|Mountain West teams in CAPS.|
|Rankings listed according to NSCAA-Continental Tire Coaches'/Soccer America Top 25 polls.|
|All dates and times subject to change.|
|Live stats available for most matches.|