Aztecs Travel to Boise State, Portland This Weekend
Oct. 3, 2012
SAN DIEGO --
Game Week Reset
No. 10/14/13 San Diego State (10-1-1) at Boise State (5-7-1, 0-1)
Friday, Oct. 5 | 4 p.m. MT | Boas Soccer Complex
No. 10/14/13 San Diego State (10-1-1) at rv/--/23 Portland (6-2-2)
Sunday, Oct. 7 | 2 p.m. MT | Merlo Field
Aztec Story Lines
- No. 10/14/13 San Diego State continues Mountain West action on Friday as it travels to Boise State for a 4 p.m. MT matchup. The Aztecs will then face off with No. rv/--/23 Portland in a non-conference game on Sunday at 2 p.m. MT.
- SDSU, which moved up to No. 18 in TopDrawerSoccer.com's field of 64, opened Mountain West play last Friday with a 3-0 win over Nevada at the SDSU Sports Deck.
- The Aztecs used a balanced offensive attack as Tiffany Hurst, Hannah Keane and Megan Jurado all scored goals in San Diego State's victory over Nevada. Hurst tallied the game-winner at the 4:34 mark, while Keane scored in the 28th minute and Jurado tallied her goal at the 55:47 mark.
- The second Ratings Percentage Index of the 2012 women's soccer season was released on Monday and the Aztecs lead the Mountain West with an RPI of 7. The only other MW teams in the top 100 are New Mexico and UNLV with RPI's of 83 and 97, respectively.
- San Diego State moved up to No. 10 in the most recent National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll, while the Aztecs are No. 14 in the Soccer America rankings and No. 13 in the Soccer Times poll. SDSU is the lone team from the Mountain West in all three polls.
- The highest the Aztecs have been ranked in the NSCAA poll is No. 8 during the end of the 1998 season. That year, SDSU was Western Athletic Conference champions and advanced to the third round of the NCAA Tournament.
- SDSU owns a 10-1-1 record, marking the seventh-best win percentage (.875) in the NCAA this season.
- The Aztecs, which are also ranked No. 3 in the NSCAA Pacific Region poll, rank seventh in the nation with a 0.48 goals-against average. The Aztecs have surrendered just six goals in 1115:16 minutes.
- Redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Rachel Boaz ranks ninth nationally with a .418 goals-against-average. She has surrendered just five goals in 1076:37 minutes of action.
- On the season, Jurado leads SDSU with eight goals and three assists for a team- high 19 points. The senior has also started all 12 contests and is one of just five Aztecs to do so.
- Junior Carli Johnson is the only Aztec to play all 1115:16 on the year. In 2012, she has tallied one goal along with one assist for three points.
- SDSU enters Friday's match having played Boise State on one other occasion. Last Oct., the Aztecs dropped a 1-0 decision to the Broncos in San Diego.
- Against Portland, meanwhile, San Diego State was victorious in the most recent matchup as it upset the then-No. 4 Pilots, 1-0, in Aug. 2011 at home.
Boise State (5-7-1, 0-1 in MW play) is coming off a 1-0 loss to reigning Mountain West champion New Mexico on Friday... The Broncos have been led by Shannon Schueren this season as the sophomore midfielder has scored five goals and tallied two assists.
Portland (6-2-2) just played to a 1-1 tie with Cal State Northridge last Thursday... Prior to that, the Pilots dropped a 3-1 decision to Denver on Sept. 23... Junior forwards Amanda Frisbie and Kaila Cameli have led Portland as each have scored six goals in 2012.