SDSU Travels to UNLV, Fresno State This Weekend
Oct. 10, 2012
SAN DIEGO --
Game Week Reset
No. 7/13/8 San Diego State (12-1-1, 2-0) at UNLV (9-2-2, 1-0-1)
Friday, Oct. 12 | 7 p.m. PT | Peter Johann Memorial Field
No. 7/13/8 SDSU (12-1-1, 2-0) at Fresno State (4-7-3, 2-0)
Sunday, Oct. 14 | 1 p.m. PT | Bulldog Stadium
- No. 7/13/8 San Diego State returns to action on Friday when it continues Mountain West play at UNLV. The conference matchup is scheduled for a 7 p.m. PT start at Peter Johann Memorial Field. The Aztecs will then travel to Fresno State for another MW contest at 1 p.m. on Sunday at Bulldog Stadium.
- SDSU, which moved up to No. 17 in TopDrawerSoccer.com's field of 64, earned a 1-0 road win on Friday over Boise State and then picked up a 3-2 victory at No. rv/--/23 Portland on Sunday.
- The Aztecs were led by Sarah Halverson as the senior forward came off the bench to notch the game-winner in both contests against the Broncos and Pilots. For her success, she garnered MW Player of the Week accolades on Monday as well as being named to TopDrawerSoccer.com's Team of the Week and earning Mountain West Player of the Week accolades from CollegeSportsMadness.com.
- The third Ratings Percentage Index of the 2012 women's soccer season was released on Monday and the Aztecs lead the Mountain West with an RPI of 8. The only other MW team in the top 100 is New Mexico with an RPI of 89.
- San Diego State moved up to No. 7 in the most recent National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll. The ranking is the highest ever achieved by an Aztec squad since the program began in 1989. The Aztecs are also No. 13 in the Soccer America rankings and No. 8 in the Soccer Times poll. SDSU is the lone team from the Mountain West in all three polls
- SDSU owns a 12-1-1 record, marking the fifth-best win percentage (.893) in the NCAA this season.
- Goalkeeper Rachel Boaz ranks 15th nationally with a .501 goals-against-average. The redshirt sophomore has surrendered just seven goals in playing 1256:37 minutes this season.
- On the season, Jurado leads SDSU with nine goals and five assists for a team-high 23 points. The senior has also started all 14 contests and is one of just five Aztecs to do so. - Jurado, who is ranked No. 1 in TopDrawerSoccer.com's Midseason Mountain West player rankings, is tied for fourth in the nation with five game-winning goals this season.
- Junior Carli Johnson is the only Aztec to play all 1295:16 on the year. In 2012, she has tallied one goal along with one assist for three points.
- SDSU enters Friday's match leading the all-time series with UNLV by a 9-7 margin. Last Oct., the Aztecs won a double-overtime thriller by the score of 2-1.
- The Aztecs have also been successful against Fresno State as they have won seven of the 10 overall meetings. In the most recent matchup with the Bulldogs, SDSU earned a 1-0 victory at home in 2009.
UNLV (9-2-2, 1-0-1 in MW play) is coming off a 1-0 road win at Air Force last Friday... The Rebels opened conference action on Sept. 29 with a 0-0 double-overtime tie against Wyoming. Junior forward Jenn Wolfe leads UNLV with nine goals, including five game-winners.
Fresno State (4-7-3, 2-0 in MW play) is coming off a 2-0 win at Wyoming last Saturday... Prior to that, the Bulldogs dropped a 3-2 overtime loss at Santa Clara... Senior Callie Hancock leads Fresno State this year as the forward has scored seven goals and tallied two assists.