Mountain West Women's Soccer Weekly Release No. 10
Oct. 17, 2012
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -
San Diego State took command of the race for the 2012 Mountain West regular-season crown with road victories at UNLV and Fresno State over the weekend. The Aztecs sit atop the standings with a 4-0 record and 12 points in MW play. UNLV, New Mexico and Fresno State are knotted in a three-way tie for second with seven points each.
- New Mexico extended its unbeaten streak in Conference play to 17 matches with a 1-1 tie against Fresno State on Friday, before having the run end in Sunday's 2-0 loss to UNLV.
- UNLV's win over New Mexico also ended the Rebels' six-game losing streak to the Lobos. Prior to Sunday, UNLV's last win in the series came in 2007.
- The Rebels' loss to San Diego State on Friday ended their school-record unbeaten streak at nine games (8-0-1).
- San Diego State owns a 14-1-1 record heading into this week's action. The Aztecs boast the fourth-best win percentage (.906) in the NCAA this season.
- New Mexico will put an 11-match unbeaten streak at home on the line this weekend when the Lobos host Air Force and Wyoming.
- UNLV's 10-3-2 mark ties the Rebels' 2004 squad for best record through 15 games. That team went on to win the MW regular-season title and earn an NCAA at-large berth.
- Fresno State goalkeeper Katie DeVault leads the MW and is tied for seventh nationally with 104 saves this season.
- UNLV goalkeeper Kylie Wassell tallied her seventh shutout of 2012 with Sunday's win over New Mexico, tying her for third on the Rebels' single-season chart.
- San Diego State goalkeeper Rachel Boaz ranks 15th nationally with a .564 goals-against-average. She has surrendered nine goals in 1436:37 minutes of action this season.
- UNLV's Macy Jo Harrison registered her seventh assist of 2012 against San Diego State on Friday, matching the school's single-season record.
- San Diego State's Megan Jurado scored eight points (three goals, two assists) in wins over UNLV and Fresno State last week. She leads the MW and is tied for 11th and 16th in the country, respectively, in total points (31) and points per game (1.94).
- Jurado also leads the Mountain West and is tied for 14th nationally with 12 goals this season. Seven of her goals have been game-winners, which leads the MW and ties for second in the NCAA.
- UNLV's Jenn Wolfe has 11 goals this season, just three shy of the program's single-season record of 14, set in 2010 by Ashleigh Shoughro. Five of Wolfe's goals have been game-winners, which ties for seventh-most nationally.
- Wyoming's Sara Paul has a league-best 10 assists through 15 matches, tying for fourth-most in the country.
- After surrendering 20 goals through its first 11 matches, Boise State has given up just two over its last five outings for a .383 goals-against average during that span.
|Coming Up in Mountain West Women's Soccer|
|FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19|
|FRESNO STATE at BOISE STATE*||4 p.m. MT||Live Stream|
|AIR FORCE at NEW MEXICO*||5 p.m. MT||Live Stream|
|UNLV at NEVADA*||7 p.m. PT||Live Stream|
|WYOMING at NO. 6/13 SAN DIEGO STATE*||7 p.m. PT|
|SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21|
|WYOMING at NEW MEXICO*||11 a.m. MT||Live Stream|
|AIR FORCE at NO. 6/13 SAN DIEGO STATE*||Noon PT|
|UNLV at BOISE STATE*||1 p.m. MT||Live Stream|
|FRESNO STATE at NEVADA*||1 p.m. PT||Live Stream|
|*Mountain West match.|
|Mountain West teams in CAPS.|
|Rankings listed according to NSCAA-Continental Tire Coaches'/Soccer America Top 25 polls.|
|All dates and times subject to change.|
|Live stats available for most matches.|