Falcons Fall to Oregon 7-0
Feb. 3, 2013
The Air Force women's tennis team dropped its second straight match in Eugene, Ore., falling 7-0 Sunday to the University of Oregon. Oregon improved to 4-0 while the Falcons are now 4-2.
The Ducks won the doubles point with wins at the No. 2 and 3 matches. Julia Metzger and Pascale Neubert defeated senior Christine Molina and Natasha Rizvi, 8-4, at No. 2 while Sofia Hager and Brooke Hughes won the No. 3 match 8-2 over junior Anastasia Hueffner and freshman Mary Meyers.
In singles play, the Ducks won all six matches in straight sets. Rizvi put up the best fight for Air Force before losing 7-5, 6-4 to Lana Buttner at the at the No. 5 position.
The Falcons are idle until Saturday, Feb. 16 when they face SMU in Dallas, Texas beginning at 12 p.m.
Oregon 7, Air Force 0
Sunday, Feb. 3
1. Skowronski / Long (UO) vs. Cecil / Dake, 7-4, DNF
2. Metzger / Neubert (UO) def. Molina / Rizvi, 8-4
3. Hager / Hughes (UO) def. Meyers / Hueffner, 8-2
1. Patricia Skowronski (UO) def. Christine Molina, 6-3, 6-2
2. Nicole Long (UO) def. Hannah Dake, 6-2, 6-4
3. Sofia Hager (UO) def. Tiffany Tran, 6-1, 6-1
4. Julia Metzger (UO) def. Melissa Cecil, 6-0, 6-1
5. Lana Buttner (UO) def. Natasha Rizvi, 7-5, 6-4
6. Rabea Stueckemann (UO) def. Mary Meyers, 6-2, 6-1