Lobos Start First Annual THINK PINK & COMPETE FOR A CURE Fundraiser
Feb. 22, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.—Have you or a loved one been affected by breast cancer? The Lobos Women’s tennis team understands and will be holding their first annual THINK PINK & COMPETE FOR A CURE this Saturday February 24th, when they play against Western New Mexico at 10 a.m.
100 percent of the proceeds will be given to the UNM Hospital Cancer Center to help fight against breast cancer and find a cure.
There will be a “Tribute Wall” where will you be able to write a message or name of the person you know who has battled against breast cancer.
The fundraiser will consist of a raffle with tickets costing only five dollars. The “ticket” that you purchase will be your name on a tennis ball, which will be placed into a basket and be drawn at random. The more “tickets” you purchase, the more chances you have to win!
Some of the amazing prizes you could win include:
• $50 gift certificates for Marcello’s Chophouse @ Uptown ABQ
• $25 gift certificates to Tomato Café on Paseo
• $10 gift certificates to Route 66 Diner on Central
• $25 gift certificates to The Artichoke Café on Central
• $25 gift certificates to Cashmere Rouge Spa on Wyoming
• Gift certificates to Olo Yogurt Studio in Nob Hill
• Indoor Tennis Block Time @ the Lobo Tennis Club – guest fee included
• Tennis Lesson with Women’s Head Coach Roy Canada
• Football signed by NFL star Arian Forster, who currently plays for the Houston Texans and went to Valley High School
• $50 Gift Certificate for “Dinner At Your Door” -- winner will have a choice of dinner for two OR an at-home cooking lesson (www.dinneratyourdoornm.com)
• Jewelry designed by “She Rocks 4 Cancer” (www.sherocks4cancer.com)
• LOBO GEAR FOR SALE
Assistant coach Michelle Heidbrink, who is starting this fundraiser said, “Breast Cancer is important and near to my heart as I know several people who have battled breast cancer and I lost an amazing Aunt due to the disease. It has affected us all in one way or another -- we have alumni who have battled the disease, family members, friends, etc. that we all have known who have fought breast cancer and I think it's great that we can come together for a match and raise some money to help be part of the cure.”
The drawing will be held promptly after the Lobos finish playing doubles against Western New Mexico which will be sometime around 11 a.m. on February 24th, 2012.