Mountain West Women's Volleyball Weekly Release - September 4, 2012
All nine Mountain West women's volleyball teams will compete in regular season tournaments for the third week in a row. Boise State (2-4), Colorado State (4-3), Fresno State (4-2), Nevada (1-5), New Mexico (7-1) and UNLV (3-3) will host tourneys.
Air Force (1-5) has the most unique site for a tournament this week, the Pentagon. The Falcons will face other military academies Navy, Army and The Citadel in the round-robin tournament in Washington D.C.
San Diego State continues to receive votes in the AVCA Top 25 poll.
Week 2 - All-Tournament Team Honorees:
- Boise State (Sacramento State Invitational) - Alyssa Gammel, Liz Harden
- Fresno State (Omni Hotels Colorado Tournament) - Marissa Brand, Maci Murdock
- Nevada (Bankers Classic) - Tessa Lea`ea
- San Diego State (Aztec Challenge) - Michelle Waber (MVP), Emily Harris
- UNLV (Nike Portland Invitational) - Candice Thomas
- Wyoming (UniWyo Cowgirl Classic) - Jodi Purdy (MVP), Rachel Keyes, Erin Kirby
By The Numbers ...
- Wyoming senior Jodi Purdy became the sixth player in Mountain West history to record 1,000 digs and 1,000 kills in a career. Purdy needed three digs to reach the milestone going into last weekend's competition and earned all three in the first Cowgirl match of the week against Bethune-Cookman. She now has 1,235 career kills and 1,020 career digs.
- Air Force senior Maiya Perich is now the Falcons' all-time Division I career digs leader, reaching the milestone against North Dakota State. Perich has 952 digs to date.
- Colorado State senior Megan Plourde became the third Ram to record 500 blocks in a career. Plourde hit the mark with her last block in Sunday's match against Oklahoma.
- San Diego State is off to its first 5-0 start since the 2001 season.
Follow MW Volleyball on Twitter ... Fans can follow Mountain West Women's Volleyball on Twitter at @TheMWCOlySports.
|THIS WEEK'S MOUNTAIN WEST WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL SCHEDULE|
|Match||Time||TV/Webcast||SEPTEMBER 5 (WEDNESDAY)|
|Eastern Washington at BOISE STATE||7 p.m. MT||BroncoSports.com||SEPTEMBER 6 (THURSDAY)|
|Cal State Fullerton at NEVADA (5)||7 p.m. PT||NevadaWolfPack.com||SEPTEMBER 7 (FRIDAY)|
|AIR FORCE vs. Navy (1)||6 p.m. ET|
|Southern Utah at BOISE STATE (2)||1 p.m. MT||BroncoSports.com|
|San Jose State at BOISE STATE (2)||7:30 p.m. MT||BroncoSports.com|
|#12 Pepperdine at COLORADO STATE (3)||7 p.m. MT||CSURams.com|
|Sacramento State at FRESNO STATE (4)||7 p.m. PT||GoBulldogs.com|
|Washington State at NEVADA (5)||6 p.m. PT||NevadaWolfPack.com|
|Georgia Southern at NEW MEXICO (6)||7:30 p.m. MT||GoLobos.com|
|SAN DIEGO STATE at #9 Hawai`i (7)||7 p.m. HT|
|Prairie View A&M at UNLV (8)||7 p.m. PT||UNLVRebels.com|
|WYOMING vs. Arizona State (9)||10 a.m. CT|
|WYOMING vs. College of Charleston (9)||5 p.m. CT||SEPTEMBER 8 (SATURDAY)|
|AIR FORCE vs. The Citadel (1)||1:30 p.m. ET|
|AIR FORCE vs. Army (1)||8 p.m. ET|
|UC Irvine at BOISE STATE (2)||1 p.m. MT||BroncoSports.com|
|Florida International at COLORADO STATE (3)||1 p.m. MT||CSURams.com|
|UC Davis at FRESNO STATE (4)||Noon PT||GoBulldogs.com|
|Utah Valley at FRESNO STATE (4)||7 p.m. PT||GoBulldogs.com|
|CSUB at NEVADA (5)||7 p.m. PT||NevadaWolfPack.com|
|Portland at NEW MEXICO (6)||1 p.m. MT||GoLobos.com|
|UC Santa Barbara at NEW MEXICO (6)||7:30 p.m. MT||GoLobos.com|
|SAN DIEGO STATE vs. #3 UCLA (7)||5 p.m. HT|
|Texas Southern at UNLV (8)||Noon PT||UNLVRebels.com|
|Gonzaga at UNLV (8)||5 p.m. PT||UNLVRebels.com|
|WYOMING at Kansas (9)||6:30 p.m. CT||SEPTEMBER 9 (SUNDAY)|
|New Mexico State at COLORADO STATE (3)||1 p.m. MT||CSURams.com|
|SAN DIEGO STATE vs. Idaho (7)||3 p.m. HT|
|(1) = Pentagon Tournament (Washington, D.C.)|
|(2) = BSU Tournament (Boise, Idaho)|
|(3) = Rams Volleyball Classic (Fort Collins, Colo.)|
|(4) = Fresno State Classic (Fresno, Calif.)|
|(5) = Wolf Pack Invitational (Reno, Nev.)|
|(6) = Sheraton/Comcast Lobo Invitational (Albuquerque, N.M.)|
|(7) = Verizon Volleyball Challenge (Honolulu, Hawai`i)|
|(8) = UNLV Classic (Las Vegas, Nev.)|
|(9) = Jayhawk Classic (Lawrence, Kan.)|
|Live stats available for most matches.|